Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An Intersting Spring

Since the end of April, life has been anything but boring.

May 15th my mother passed away after a brief but losing battle with an infection. She was 89 and I think she was ready to go "home". She had been basically house bound for the last 3 years and was alone in her house except for her orange cat Boxer Longtail. Dad has been gone for 11 years now and my brother Dave had been gone 7. I do miss them all.

On the 20th, Chrissy, Jacob, and their 4 arrived for the funeral on the 22nd. On the 23rd, I took Jacob to Great Falls to catch a plane home for work. He had to report back on Tuesday. Chrissy and the kids stayed. They are leaving this week end for OK. Dian is flying into Great Falls on Thursday. She has a friend coming to see her. On Friday, Sharon and I are driving down to spend Friday with her and Saturday Chrissy is joining us. Sunday she, Dian, the kids are heading for OK. Chrissy asked for help and company with the trip home. 2 or 3 days on the road with 4 kids under the age of 9, I don't blame her.

I have spent what time I could in the wood shop. The rain has put a damper on that. I like to do as much as I can outside. I have room to move the bigger rough stuff around and the shaving and dust are easier to clean up. The wind does that. Other wise I am sweeping and vacuuming daily and until I can get the old tables and shelving down the shop is crowded.

So far I have completed a cradle in cherry (Looks great but I find cherry a little difficult to work with.), made another digger (Both this and the cradle were custom orders), got most of the wood planed to thickness for the book shelves Sharon wants, laid out the plans for a quilt rack (on spec), laid out the plans for a "mail/key self" (custom order), And started to design a pedestal for a projector (custom order).

The last 5 weeks with the grandkids were interesting. There were times that I could have killed them. Well at least beat them within an inch of their young lives, but with a smile, a hug, and "I am sorwy." and all is forgiven and forgotten. It has been a real trial, especially when all 6 cousins have descended on Granma's and Papa's house, but when they are gone, I know I will miss them terribly. I really do enjoy the noise and commotion. It is usually happy noise even if it would drown out a jet at full take off power. I checked my blood pressure the other day and it was well with the norms and my heart beat was only 52. I had run out of my BP medicine a couple of days before and had just picked up the refill when I did this. I guess kids are good for your health.

Well that just about covers it. Until next posting.

1 comment:

Roeckers said...

Kids are great for your health! They keep you young. Climbing trees building things, playing on the floor, singing silly songs, and continually thinking of things to keep them busy.
Thanks for letting us stay and invade your empty house. Can't wait to see pics of Mom's bookcase!
Love you!