Monday, February 28, 2011

And Life Goes On

Things have been busy over the last two months. Travel in February and changes as well.

Valentines weekend we headed to Arizona for Tek's blessing. When Sharon got of work on Thursday afternoon we drove to Great Falls. As soon as we hit town we hit Sonic for Sharon's "Five Days of Sonic". We spent the night there and did some shopping both for the trip and for home. Friday evening we boarded the plane for Phoenix/Mesa. Everything was prebooked and confirmed. Or so we thought. When we arrived, we went looking for our rental car. After 15 or 20 minutes I finally found it. At the other airport in downtown Phoenix. I phoned to ask how I was expected to get my car. I was told to take a taxi. I asked if I was going to be reimbursed because I had requested the car for this airport. I was told I would have to arrange that with customer service and was given the phone number and promptly told that they were open 7 to 7 Monday to Friday. I told them that I no longer wanted the car if I was to pay $60+ dollars for a 45+ minute cab ride and pay a similar pick up fee if I did not return it to the airport downtown. I went to the first rental kiosk that was empty and rented one.

Two hours later, just after midnight, we were in Thatcher and at Dian's and David's. We crashed there until the morning when we went to check in to the hotel. Tek came to wake us up way too early. It has been a while since I was woken by a little squirmy bundle of love. But it is still enjoyable. We got up and got ready for the day. We met with Jacob, Chrissy, and family and then checked in the hotel. The weekend was spent with family and friends. We missed Kimmie, Scott, and the girls. Sunday was Tek's blessing. Monday we headed home. And me to a new old job.

The week before I got a phone call from a previous employer, Bob Moors with the Commissionaires. He wanted to know if I would consider coming back to work for him as front desk at the police station. More money and hours that are a better fit into our life style. I told him that I would like to think about it for the weekend. I went in on Monday morning to talk to him. As I walked into his office, he told me he had most of the package filled out and that I needed to sign it. He wanted me to start the next day but realized that my current employer would need some time. He asked if I could start the following Tuesday or Wednesday for training. I asked the few questions I had and agreed. I went for retraining on the following Wednesday and Thursday and was on my own Friday, Saturday. I started into my schedule on Tuesday. I work four 12's: two days, two nights, and four off.

It was like going home. I was welcomed back the older staff I had worked with before and greeted by the newer ones. I only had to learn the few new things on the computer and re-familiarize myself with the rest.

Now to work hard at getting my woodworking up and running on the web and the house renovations finished. Getting ready for gypsyhood.

That is the update. More as it develops.

No comments: