Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to a new job site I go.

Today we had a staff meeting with the Lethbridge office manager. Our contract with the Lethbridge Centre Mall was not renewed. I have known for about 3 weeks now but couldn't say anything. It wasn't that the mall management wasn't unhappy with the Corps. In fact they were extremely pleased. The new owners found economically expedient to change. They are associated with the other 2 malls in town and one of the major hotels. These 3 use another security company and they feel it is easier to write one check than 2. I hope it works for them.

My 2 staff were a little concerned until they were told that they already had new job sites and that they were going to be making at least $1.70 an hour more and that they were going to be starting before they left the mall. When they were told this and where they were going, OT lights were flashing in their eyes. They weren't told where I was going but I was told last week that I would be going back to the Airport and on my days off from there I would be working parking detail down town. Hey any time someone wants to pay me $12.00 an hour to walk in the fresh air and sunshine I'll take it. (okay its -5C right now and it snowed today but hey this is Lethbridge. Tomorrow its supposed to be +5 and sunny) The pay is pretty much what I am getting now but there are a few more hours without working to many, if any, more days. It just means that I will be working the occasional Sunday.

Had my second appointment with the Blood Pressure lady today and another round of blood test. Should just go to the blood clinic and get them to draw a pint and give it to the lab and tell them to use it if they need more. She was happy with the way things seem to be going. A little confused because again my BP at the start of the appointment was different than at the start. This time it was the reverse with it being lower at the start and higher at the finish. Oh well, we will eventually get things straightened out. Still looking forward to my first appointment with the endocrinologist in March. Hopefully he has some insight as to what is wrong.

Nothing political to report this time. Maybe next time. Just to keep you in suspense.

No comments: