Wednesday, March 19, 2008

All Too Soon Quiet

Well the time has come and gone. Jake and Chrissy are home and have taken the kids back. After a week of pandemonium there is silence in the house (except for Di of course). If was fun and I have some good memories of the time. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I am told that Rainey was placed in his car chair as they left and pointed at the house and said "PaPa house. Go. PaPa come. PaPa go." over and over. He also said it every now and then as they drove out of town. The little monkey dissed me all week and now he doesn't want to leave PaPa behind.

Kimmie and I took the 5 grand kids out for a walk at Henderson Lake. Makynna and Daniel walked hand in hand most of the way. It was cute. All I can say is as they grow older the world had better watch out. Once they reach their late teens and older and they get together the world will not be safe. Eliza bounded around and played little mother as only Eliza can. Rainey kept point at the geese on the lake and saying "Birds. Go." and then tried to climb off my shoulder. I think he wanted to go see the geese up close and personal. Oryn sat in the stroller and watched.

On Sunday we blessed Oryn. About half way through Sacrament she looked up at Kimmie and then me and down the bench at Auntie Di and could see Oryn. Auntie Chrissy had her and she and Jake and her kids and Gama were sitting across the aisle from us. Kimmie said that Auntie Chrissy had her. She stood up on the bench and said in a clear, loud voice "Auntie Chrissy I want my baby sister back. NOW!" Only my garndkids.

Yesterday I went back out to the airport to talk with the head electrician to see what further retraining he needed me to do. I had been out there Thursday and Friday for some refresher. He said that from the reports he had back any time I wanted to reinsert myself into the schedule was fine by him. I was satisfied with what he had heard and that I didn't need to retest.

After this weekend I sit down with Bob and go through the schedule and get it set. This weekend I am in Vulcan Thursday night until midnight, all day Friday (14 hours) and possibly the same Saturday as well. They are installing new carpet at the ATB and they want security while the contractors are in there. If they get finished Friday or early Saturday, I will be supervising a group of Commissionaires in Milk River doing security for the annual Corvette Draw and Dance. One way or the other it works out to the equivalent of over 80 hours this week. Sunday at Green Prairie (10), Monday parking (8), Thursday Vulcan (8) plus mileage, Friday Vulcan (14 at double time and a half - Stat holiday) plus maleage, and Saturday (8 to 14)at Vulcan and/or Mild River plus mileage. Who said that life was boring.

Well got to go and get things done today.

Till next time.

No comments: