Sunday, March 30, 2008

Time Flies...

Its been a while and the month is almost gone. Last weekend was hectic and busy and the week that followed was just as busy. I worked every day except Thursday and was asked if I wanted to work it as well. Yesterday I was retraining at the landfill site. It seems that I am going to be working one or two of my days off there for the next little while. I never said life was boring.

The past couple of weeks were good ones. I got to spend some time with the family and friends as well. Sharon and I sat Kynna and Oryn last week and Sharon had the opportunity to do it again this week while Kimmie and I took some junk to the dump. Friday Dave and Wanda Cookson and their two boys, Zack and Josh, came into town for a visit and we all met at Kimmie's for supper. It was good to see them again. The boys are no long kids but young men. After supper we were talking and getting caught up on life. Dave would bark and Kynna would run to the window to see the dog. After about an hour she finally caught on and walked over to Dave and said "Uncle David you drive me bonkers!!" That broke him up. Wanda snagged on to Oryn and wouldn't let her go.

I love my girls and their families. I enjoy and cherish every minute that I can spend with them. If it wasn't for them life would be rather dull and lifeless. As I watch them grow and move on with life I am just amazed at the blessings that the Lord has given me. I have a wife that stands by me and supports me. I don't think she realizes how important to me she really is. My girls have given my some of the best memories I have and are the bright points in my life. And as they continue to add to the clan through friends and families of their own I feel even more blessed. Chrissy, Jacob, and their kids, Eliza, Daniel, and Rainey, are a never ending flow of example and wonder. Eliza with her elan, Daniel with his inquisitiveness, and Rainey with his bubbly personality and read smile. Kimmie and Scott and their two, Makynna and Oryn, are close by and available whenever PaPa needs a hug or someone to love and are ever ready to give. Kynna with her unbounded energy and a mind that is a sponge that soaks up everythink, Oryn who is still new and reminds me that all children are miracles. I get to watch her grow and develop her own personality and am excited all over again ( as I was with the others) to see who she will be come. Dian is just Dian. She is our own little miracle. I still want her to be my baby but she is her own young lady and has come into her own these last couple of years. When she goes to the States this summer to work, I will miss her very much. I cannot wait to meet the young man that will eventually sweep her off her feet. I know he will be a very special person. (Not that my other two sons-in-law aren't, but Chrissy and Kimmie know what I mean.)

The month of April I start the next rounds of tests to try and figure what is happening to this old body of mine. Wednesday I go for a chest x-ray and full torso ultrasound. The middle of the month I get a heart monitor for a day. Hopefully when I see the doc near the end of the month we can eliminate some other things and narrow it down further.

I must close now as work is calling. Till next time.

1 comment:

Roeckers said...

I can't think of life without you. It scares me to think the Dr's will find something i am not willing to accept.

I don't think mom would aprove of all the mushy things you just plastered all over the internet about her :)

I am glad you got to spend time with Dave and Wanda. I remember the good old days and time spent with them just rolling with laughter.

I know exactly what you mean about that man somewhere out there. He better realize what he has, and she better love him for who he is. But he is taking his time, and I would too if I knew what I was going to get myself into;) He has to be well prepared!!

I love you and can't wait to see you next week! I am excited about conference