Monday, September 29, 2008

Even My Hair Hurts

Over the last few weeks Sharon and I have been walking at nights when she gets off early enough. At my last doctor's appointment he gave a clean bill of health (except for the blood pressure medicine and the occasional celebrex for my bum knee) and said to get back into exercising. I went to see my old Sensei, Hanshi Jorge Sosa last week. He agreed to take me on as a student again on Mondays from 4 to 6. Tonight was the first night training. He said that he would take it easy on me for the first time. I should have know better. He had me sweating so hard my hands were even wet. I know they say the second day is worse than the first but I hurt in places I haven't hurt in a long time. My legs are starting to stiffen, my knee is numb, my chest and shoulders are sore, and my abs are spasming from the "warm-ups". It has been a long time since I did 40 sit ups, not to mention push ups, leg tucks and reverse crunchies. But I feel the best I have in over a year. I just hope I survive the next few days to make it back next week. I guess he did take it easy on me. He told me that was all at 5:50 and let me go 10 minutes early.

I was shocked at how much I remembered. After warm ups and techniques practice we did 10 Katas and I managed to get through them with little or now coaxing. Next week should be interesting as we move forward into the more difficult ones. I have only another 18 to remember.

Night all.

No comments: