Saturday, September 27, 2008

Not Just Another Pretty Face

Last Monday I received a phone call from a friend that is directing the local musical theatre group's fall production. He asked if I was interested in being involved. I have performed and worked with the group in the past and said sure knowing he was short of back stage help. I can drive a nail with the best of them. I arrived at the theatre at the appointed time. As I walked in he handed me a script and said "Congratulations. You have just auditioned for 'Joseph and His TechinColor Dream Coat'. You are one of the brothers. Rehearsals are Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The men start rehearsal in 30 minutes." He then smiled and walked off. I didn't think the railroad ran through that area of Lethbridge but obviously it does. Don't get me wrong, I am having fun and enjoy this immensely. It is nice to know that you are not just a pretty face but a voice too.

We started that night as the 8 brothers. The next rehearsal we up to the 10 brothers. I think we are now the required 11. I will find out this morning as we start learning the dance sections and everyone said that they could be there. We had planned at the 8 stage that we would hold puppets between us. One would operate the head and mouth, the other the arms. The feet would be connected to our feet so as we moved the puppet would too. But I guess that has gone by the boards now.

Got to run. Till next time.

No comments: