Saturday, April 5, 2008

Off To Mecca

Thursday night after work, Sharon and Di picked me up and we were off to Logan. We have tickets to the AM session of Conference. The older girls are going to the Session and Jacob and I are going to try and get into the Priesthood Session in the evening.

The trip was long and the day was longer. I dozed now and then on the way down and managed to get a bit of a nap in the early afternoon but that was it until I finally couldn't stay awake any longer about 10pm.

When we arrived Friday morning, Daniel came up stairs looked at Sharon and I and said "Where's Auntie Di? I thought she was coming. Oh, hi PaPa and Grama." He turned around and went down stairs until he heard Di come in and then ran back up stairs. Rainey was glad to see us all and gave us a hug and a giggle.

Eliza wanted PaPa and Grandma to pick her up after school on Friday. When the school bus pulled up, she bounded off the bus and jumped into my arms with a big hug and a squeal. Then she went over to Grama and gave her a hug. At least one of my grandchildren loves me.

I am excited about going tonight and looking forward to it. Chrissy, Di, and Sharon headed out early this morning to see if Di could get in the stand-by line early enough to get in to the Conference Center. When they got there the line was all ready several blocks long. Di decided to go to one the over flow areas. They advised that we should get there about 3:30 but not later than 4 if we are to get in tonight.

Got to get going. I am off to buy a couple of pairs of dress pants and a shirt before we go.

Talk to you later.

No comments: