Monday, November 10, 2008

An Anniversary Present



On Friday I got Sharon her anniversary/birthday/Christmas present: a set of diamond studs. Dian and I went to get a rose for her and decided to put them on the rose like a couple of dew drops. We then went to Sobey's to take her out to lunch and give her the flower. We gave it to her before she left. She looked at it and said "A rose for me how sweet. What is it for?" I told her for her anniversary. "And a card too. Can I read it?" I helped her get the card out and got the "How cute." on the wording of the note I had written. She then placed the rose on the back shelf and said that she had a few minutes before lunch. Dian told her she had better not leave it there. When she asked why both Di and I said "Look at it closely." It took a couple of seconds but she finally saw the studs. She tore the plastic wrap of the rose and took off. " I've got to show these to Arlene." She then showed them to all the girls working on cash. Arlene told her to take lunch a little early. Sharon again put the rose on the back counter and started to leave. Arlene told her she shouldn't leave the rose there. That it might not be there when she got back. One of the girls from one of the other departments came by to check out at that time and said "Wow! I wish someone would give me a $1200 rose."

While we were walking over to the restaurant Sharon asked "You didn't pay that much for them, did you?" I told her they were worth a little more than that. She stopped in the middle of the parking lot and said "Tom Hovan how much did you?" I replied "Let's just say that they are worth twice that much. Do you want me to take them back?" "You didn't pay that much!!" "Let's just say I didn't pay that much." "Okay as long as you didn't pay that much."

We went to lunch. I got home about 10:30pm after the preformance and noticed that she had the studs in. She said as soon as she got home they went in and they weren't coming out until she had to go to work on Sunday. And they didn't. It has been a long time since I have seen Sharon with a permasmile on but she had one all weekend.

Here are a few pictures.



1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Tom, you have out done yourself. I can't beleive you are still so romantic after all these years. I miss you and love you guys. Jeanie