Monday, November 17, 2008

Time Marches

Just as I feel I have finally caught up, the world goes flashing by. About a week ago, my daughter Chrissy posts on her blog that their eldest is now a blogger and has her own blog. I'm not that old that I have grandchildren let alone ones old enough to be blogging. It helps her with her spelling, reading, and writing I am told. On her second entry she was talking about her cat, Jaxson. I put a comment on it and Sunday she had to phone to tell me to check out her blog that she has answered me back. I'm definitely not that old.

besides being a crawling machine, she has also learned to Today I got the opportunity to baby sit my 2 granddaughters here in town. Their mom, number 2 daughter Kimmie, had to work late and son-in-law Scott had to go to work before she was to get home. Their eldest Makynna, a very precocious 3 year old, and I had a very understandable conversation about her latest favourite movie, "Kung Fu Panda". I know my chidrenese is not that good so her English must be. Her almost 1 year old sister was joining in and I didn't have a clue what she was saying so that goes to confirm my thoughts about my childrenese. Oryn teleports though. Another talent that I have noticed my grandchildren have developed and usually about this age. One moment she is at one end of the couch and the next she is playing with the pots and pans in the kitchen and did not crawl by me. Still I am not old enough to have teleporting grandchildren.

Enough of this speculation and on to the happening of the past week or so.

This past week, Saturday to be exact, we completed our midway show of "Joseph". As a band of brothers, we are having a blast. I don't think we have done a show the same way twice. There is a scene where the other bothers are grovelling before Joseph. While they are, I am being my usual lecherous self and am hitting on one of his attendants. Each night I have hit on a different one starting at the back of the line and working forward. As a result it is a surprise to each of the girls. It has been fun watching the different reactions. I have made my way through the full group on that one side and unfortunately I can't get over to the other.

It has made for some long days and short nights, but it has been a blast. There has been rumors that next year they are putting on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". If that is the case I may just audition again. We'll see. Still to early to tell.

suitable Work has been going slower than I expected this month until this morning. I went into work to put through some applications that I got over the weekend and instead of spending an hour in the office I spent most of the day helping out. There was a fire in one of our buildings and I spent the day trying to track down some of the "orphaned" tenants. Some of them will not be allowed back into their suites for quite some time and I was given the task of finding them accommodations within our system. Managed to get all but 1 looked after. It was an interesting day.

Well enough for tonight. It is bed time and my pillow is calling me.

1 comment:

Roeckers said...

Seven brides for seven brothers!!! OHH that is one of our favorite sunday movies. You tell Liza you are in that and I am sure she will walk all the way to Canada to see Papa in it! LOL
Loves to you and mom. We miss you. Sorry we won't be able to see in December. Hopefully by the spring we will be able to save enough to meet up somewhere. XOXO